Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Fall Leaf Bouquets for Ancestor Offerings

{one of my bouquets from last year}
A few years ago I started making fall leaf bouquets to use as offerings both on my Ancestor shrine as well as to bring to the cemetery around the time of Samhain. This is by no means a novel idea, and my inspiration actually came from the following song:
"The autumn air
Thickly fills my lungs
So sweetly
Reminds me of
Her smoky breath
With wine and this
Bouquet of maple
And oak leaves
In death or life
We'll always be..."

There are a few different ways you could go about making your bouquets, but the one I choose to do is a pretty straightforward bunching and binding it all together with yarn or ribbon. I like to use various different leaves and also berries and nuts, going with whatever I can find outside around me. {Unfortunately I don't think I have any other examples than the one pictured above that I have previously made. I will try to remember to take photos of the ones I make this year to give some more ideas and either add them or link them to this post}. 

Below are some link of other fall leaf bouquets ideas:

Autumn Leaves Bouquet {from Ali Does it Herself}
How to Make a Fall Leaf Bouquet {from Metamorphocity}
Maple Leaf Roses {from Listed and Loved}

And to get you into the spirit, here is a video to the song that originally inspired me:


*********

Sláinte!

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment