Monday, May 15, 2017

Bealtaine in the Woods {part two}


My various observances for Bealtaine have been scattered over the course of a couple weeks largely due to my work schedule, but also the weather and being out of commission for a bit with some sort of bug {which has led me to be a bit more prolific online than I usually am, especially on Tumblr! heh}. 

Since on the hike I took with my friend a little while back, I have gone into my neighbourhood woodland a few times, and it is looking just as beautiful as the last place I went to. 







Each time I have gone, I go to a different spot to do some a few times to do some wildcrafting and to leave offerings and do some trashing clean up when I see any. Generally when I head on out these days I bring my little deer spirit vessel that I use as a representation of Flidais {purchased from Sarah Anne Lawless a few years back} and some of little fertility charms to use as offerings. 



After one my trips out last week I gathered some greenery and flowers to decorate our shrine and some rowan wood cuttings to make protective crosses with. And then I finally got down to my main Bealtaine ritual of light a new hearth candle and saining our home. 





*********

Sláinte!

Laurel

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Trout lilies are one of my favorite flowers, and I love your altar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words Grey! And yes, trout lilies are so pretty. They are quite abundant in and around Kingston so we are lucky. :)

    ReplyDelete