Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Dinner & a Movie for Saint Patrick's Day

Spotted Dog {recipe below} by Dennis Wilkison

Although not one of the cross quarter days, many Gaelic Polytheists observe Saint Patrick's Day to celebrate Irish culture, whether it would be doing rituals and making offerings, going to a gathering to listen to music, or perhaps getting together with loved ones for a meal featuring traditional Irish recipes. 

While there are quite a few events going on in the city that I now call home, I will be working over that weekend, so besides a small ritual, I think my celebration will be limited to dinner and a movie. Below I will share some suggestions of recipes and movies that I think are quite nifty and encourage others to try.

Recipes


Movies


Lately for background noise I have been really enjoying "fireplace" videos while I am doing house work or cooking in the kitchen. Here is a nice peat fire one filmed Donegal Ireland to put on if you want something different from music or a movie with your dinner:


*********

Lá fhéile Pádraig sona daoibh/Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!

Laurel

No comments:

Post a Comment